|Salary:||£10.60 per hour|
|FTE:||24 hours per week, across Tues, Weds & Thurs (08:00 – 13:00 / 08:00 – 18:30)|
|Location:||Practices of Living Well PCN Southampton: Primarily Weston Lane Surgery|
|Accountable to:||Patient Admin Team Lead|
Recruitment pack for this role is here > Duty Receptionist External Recruitment Pack – Apr22
The way we provide GP services is changing every day – and you can be part of it. Our busy team are looking to expand, recruiting for a part time, 3 day per week, Duty Receptionist. The successful candidate will provide a high quality, professional service to patients, doctors, colleagues, health service professionals and others to achieve our aim of patients receiving the best possible care and experience of Living Well Partnership.
The Duty Receptionist role works closely alongside our GP and clinical teams, undertaking a variety of administrative duties across our 7 Southampton based sites. Using excellent communication and attention to detail the Duty Reception team support the clinical team daily to ensure the Living Well service runs smoothly and efficiently. Working with both internal and external stakeholders, the Duty Reception team facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care, and other associated healthcare agencies.
This role is offered on a ‘flexi contract’ basis meaning the 3 days you work each week may change, subject to a 3-week rota. Our Duty Receptionists work from 08.00 – 18.30 with a 1-hour lunch break, this is a set working pattern. Our highest need at the moment is for hours across Tues, Weds & Thurs (08:00 – 13:00 / 08:00 – 18:30).
Some of the key responsibilities of a Duty Receptionist include:
- Work alongside and provide administrative support to the eConsult GP (sift and sort) and the duty GP, communicating with patients and colleagues as necessary, to ensure smooth running of the daily triage, and excellent outcomes for patients
- Work efficiently to complete urgent duty tasks (EMIS and Docman) as indicated by the urgent care clinical team, in line with documented processes.
- Provide status reports to the Partners and Senior Management Team at the end each day to help manage workloads the following day.
- Book appointments at a local out of hours hub (for hot and cold patients) efficiently and effectively, providing colleagues with up to date and accurate information on the nature of the appointment needed.
- Work efficiently to complete routine duty tasks (EMIS) as indicated by the clinical team, in line with documented processes.
- Management of the Patient Admin email account to ensure patient’s queries are processed and managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage queries from the non-duty clinical team to ensure patient care is not compromised.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Evidenced experience of working in general practice within reception or patient services functions, or experience in a similar environment for 2 years +
- Experience in a fast-paced customer/patient services environment, dealing with the members of the public.
- Able to confidently deal with members of the public who may be seriously unwell or distressed, escalating when appropriate to a manager or clinician
- Experience of using clinical computer systems is essential, experience of using EMIS or Docman would be preferable
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, especially when following processes and completing repetitive tasks
- Personal commitment to the values, vision and objectives of the Partnership to provide patients with the best possible care
- Ability to work across sites when needed, including our ‘Duty Hub’ based in Weston.
What we can offer to the successful candidate:
- A salary of £10.60 per hour, with scope for an increase upon achievement of core skills and competencies
- 5 weeks holiday per year + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Membership of the NHS pension scheme with 14.38% employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme & Employee wellbeing initiative
- A friendly and welcoming team with ongoing development, support, and training opportunities
- Provide an up to date CV and a supporting cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role
- Indicate your availability for interview
- Please specify what your availability for hours are
- Applications are to be e-mailed to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Managing Partner (Non-clinical)