|Front Desk Team Lead|
|Salary:||£13.00 – £14.00 / £25,419 – £27,375 PA|
|FTE:||37.5 hours per week, across Mon – Fri|
|Location:||Practices of Living Well PCN Southampton|
|Accountable to:||Deputy Patient Services Manager|
Recruitment pack for this role is here > Front Desk Team Lead – Recruitment Pack
The way we provide GP services is changing every day – and you can be part of it. The Living Well Partnership brings together four well-established practices in Southampton, with seven sites, which have joined forces to create a super-partnership working innovatively to change the way we deliver great patient care and fast, effective patient communication. Our Patient Services teams are bucking the trends and working in smarter and more resourceful ways in order to meet the ever-changing needs of our patients, following unprecedented times.
As part of this mission, we’re now looking to recruit a motivated Team Leader for our Front Desk Administrators. Spread across all 7 of our sites, our Front Desk teams have evolved from call handling, administration and generalist backgrounds. Your team is a busy, multifaceted one, covering all areas from face-to-face patient interactions, administration, and assisting other members of the wider Patient Services team.
We’re now looking for somebody with a passion for great customer service, as we strive to reach the gold standard of patient satisfaction in our service provision. We want patients to remember us; remember a smile, remember a positive attitude, and remember our team as people who truly care about our patients. Boosting confidence in your team members is what you’ll do, as you recognise how important it is to have an optimistic and motivated workforce.
Change management, process implementation and service improvement will all sound like exciting pursuits to you. You’ll be an energised people manager; you’ll love to coach and train new employees, adopting our competency framework strategy implemented by our Patient Services Management team, whilst developing new ideas of your own. Service KPIs won’t be new to you, and you’d even relish the opportunity to put your knowledge of these into an action plan for the improvement of our front desk teams’ service delivery.
Day to day duties will include:
- Line manage a team of Front Desk Administrators, utilising strong leadership skills to remotely inspire the team and cultivate a culture of pro-active thinking, ownership, accountability and collaboration to achieve an excellent service for patients.
- Manage and be accountable for day-to-day activities at the front desk at all sites, including branch sites (4 main sites and 3 small sites), including managing and defusing difficult situations.
- Effectively implement LWP’s continuous performance management (CPM) process, including probation reviews, 1-2-1’s, annual appraisals, team meetings and capability / disciplinary processes where appropriate, in line with agreed protocols. Document, follow up on and take ownership of agreed actions and next steps.
- Take responsibility for the opening and closing of all sites.
- Take responsibility for and provide real-time responses to patient complaints received verbally, either face to face, over the phone or electronically, to reduce the number of written complaints and effectively apply the Partnership’s Complaints Policy
- Proactively encourage online patient feedback. Respond to all online feedback in a timely, professional and constructive way, identifying trends and where additional training or support may be needed.
- Travel between sites, ensuring all team members are supported and fair and equal time is given to coaching, training, and engagement activities.
You should have at least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role within a customer service setting. Maybe you’re an assistant manager or team supervisor, looking for the next step in your career? Ideally, you’ll have worked on the frontline of customer or patient service yourself in the past and have some prior knowledge of the daily challenges faced by the members of your team. If multi-site communications and cross-site working are familiar to you, this would be hugely advantageous, as you’ll need to make your team feel united in their mission to provide the best patient care possible.
This is a full-time role, worked across 5 days. You’ll have a base site, however, you’ll be expected to travel across sites, checking in with and supporting each of your team members, when needed.
- Provide an up to date cv and a supporting cover letter
- Applications are to be e-mailed to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Christina Wainwright – Deputy Patient Services Manager