|Status:||Fixed term contract – 9 months|
|Salary:||£9.00 per hour|
|FTE:||20 hours per week: Tuesday – Friday|
|Location:||Practices of Living Well PCN Southampton|
|Accountable to:||Performance Team Lead|
The way we provide GP services is changing every day – and you can be part of it. The Living Well Partnership brings together four well-established practices in Southampton, with seven sites, which have joined forces to create a super-partnership that can deliver exceptional clinical care.
Our mission is simple: to enhance the health and extend the lives of our 40,000 patients – and you can be an integral part of that mission, as part of our data quality team.
The Data team is responsible for the administration of the patient recall process, planning and booking review appointments, and collecting and reporting data. You are the start and end of the whole process. Through close working with others in the Partnership, the team’s role is integral to facilitating a high quality patient experience.
As a Performance Administrator you will assist in the collection and analysis of key data streams, reporting on KPIs and communicating with patients through a variety of methods. You will be confident speaking on the phone and will have a high level of discretion and data privacy.
You will prize accuracy, have excellent attention to detail, and an ability to analyse and process data Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-facing administrative role involving data entry and analysis is essential.
Experience of working in the NHS or general practice is by no means a requirement although you should be completely comfortable working with new IT packages and systems.
You will enjoy membership of the coveted NHS pension scheme, as well as 25 days annual leave (pro rata), generous NHS employee discounts, free parking and more. If this is you, we would really like to meet.
· Administer patient QoF recalls process including setting up of searches and sending invites by phone, letter, text message and email
· Undertake telephone calls to recall and invite patients for QOF and enhanced services appointments
· Administer enhanced services recalls (child immunisations) including setting up of searches and sending invites by phone, letter, text message and email
· Administer screening recalls (e.g. cervical & bowel screening, diabetic retinal screening)
· Accurately input patient data from e-consults and emails to ensure it is recorded accurately in patient records as required
· Undertake patient safety & medication audits
For further information, or the job description and role specification, please call our HR office at Weston Lane Surgery, Southampton.
You will enjoy membership of the coveted NHS pension scheme, as well as 25 days annual leave (pro rata), generous NHS employee discounts, free parking and more.
If this is you, we would really like to meet you.
- Provide an up to date CV and a supporting cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role
- Indicate your availability for interview week commencing 31st January, 2022
- Please specify what your availability for hours is
- Applications are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Managing Partner (Non-clinical)