|Salary:||£10.90 per hour|
|FTE:||Part time- minimum of 20 hours per week or Full Time- 37.5 hours per week|
|Location:||Practices of Living Well PCN Southampton|
|Accountable to:||Nursing Services Lead|
Please read our Job Description: Job Description- Phlebotomist
Reporting to the Nursing Services Leads, and strictly in accordance with specific Practice guidelines and protocols, the post-holder will be responsible for performing venepuncture to obtain blood samples from adult patients only, as the result of a direct referral, or request, from a GP, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse.
- Ensuring that the patient is as comfortable and relaxed as possible and confirming their agreement to the collection of a blood sample.
- Collection of sample(s) of blood in accordance with training and procedures.
- Ensuring samples are stored in appropriate containers.
- Accurate, legible labeling of all samples to confirm patient identity.
- Checking patient identification against GP/Nurse request and confirming with patient whenever possible.
- Recording collection of blood sample in patient record in accordance with Practice procedure.
- Ensuring that samples are dispatched to the appropriate laboratories in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that anomalies are reported to the Nurse Manager.
- Notifying the GP/Nurse of any significant patient issues.
- Liaising with and assisting members of the administrative team.
- Ensure accurate and legible notes of all consultations and treatment are recorded in the patient computerised record.
- Attend and participate in nurse and practice meetings as required.
- To assist in the education of colleagues (HCAs) and medical students where required.
- Previous experience in health care environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Personal commitment to the values, vision and objectives of the Partnership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads
- Dependable and flexible
- Team player
- Commitment to high quality patient care, customer service and efficiency in all aspects of the Partnership’s operations
- Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
- High expectation of self and others
- Desirable- previous experience and training in phlebotomy but not essential
What we can offer you!
- 5 weeks holiday pro rata PLUS bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership with a 14.38% employer contribution rate
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly employee award
- Investment in developing your skills and progression opportunities, across the Partnership
- First consideration for other internal recruitment opportunities
• Provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting cover letter, detailing how you meet the requirements of the role. candidate for this post
• Applications are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Managing Partner (Non-clinical)